Last Updated: December 10, 2016
Terms of SERVICE
Please read these Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) carefully. By clicking “I Accept” this Agreement, or by accessing or using the Site (as defined below), you consent to be bound by this Agreement.
This Agreement is between you and Lawyers for Good Government, Inc. (“Company” or “we” or “us”) concerning your use of (including any access to) Company site currently located at www.humanrightsinamerica.org and its subdomains (together with any materials and services available therein, and successor site(s) thereto, the “Site”). This Agreement hereby incorporates by this reference any additional terms and conditions posted by Company through the Site, or otherwise made available to you by Company. In the event there is a conflict between more specific terms and conditions posted by Company through the Site and this Agreement, such specific terms and conditions take precedence.
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13. The Site prohibits registration by and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13.
By clicking “I Accept” to this Agreement, or by accessing or using the Site, you affirm that you are of legal age (or over the age of 13 and possess legal parental or guardian consent) and have the legal capacity to enter into this Agreement.
1. Changes. We may change this Agreement from time to time by notifying you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting a revised Agreement through the Site. Any such changes will not apply to any dispute between you and us arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised Agreement incorporating such changes, or otherwise notified you of such changes.
Your use of the Site following any changes to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such changes. The “Last Updated” legend above indicates when this Agreement was last changed. We may, at any time and without liability, modify or discontinue all or part of the Site (including access to the Site via any third-party links) or offer opportunities to some or all Site users.
3. Jurisdictional Issues. This Site is directed only to residents of the United States of America (U.S.). The Site is controlled or operated (or both) from the U.S., and is not intended to subject Company to any non-U.S. jurisdiction or law. Company does not represent or warrant that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction other than the U.S. Any use of the Site is at your own risk, and you must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in doing so. We may limit the Site’s availability at any time, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction that we choose.
4. Rules of Conduct. In connection with the Site, you must not:
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Site, any materials that are or may be: (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating, or otherwise fail to respect the rights and dignity of others; (b) defamatory, libelous, fraudulent or otherwise tortious; (c) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (d) protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right, without the express prior written consent of the applicable owner.
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Site, any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware or other computer code, file or program that is or is potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment (each, a “Virus”)
-.Post, transmit or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Site, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letter,” “pyramid scheme” or investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation.
- Submit or post any Story (as defined in Section 9 below) or other User Content (as defined in Section 9 below) that is not responsive to one of the topics or questions identified in our Submission Guidelines, or that otherwise does not conform with any other aspect of our Submission Guidelines.
- Use the Site for any commercial purpose or to advertise, or for any purpose that is fraudulent or otherwise tortious or unlawful.
- Harvest or collect information about users of the Site.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available, including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site; or violate any requirement, procedure or policy of such servers or networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site.
- Reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, sell, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, distribute or otherwise exploit any portion of (or any use of) the Site except as expressly authorized herein, without Company’s express prior written consent.
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site.Frame or mirror any portion of the Site, or otherwise incorporate any portion of the Site into any product or service, without Company’s express prior written consent.
- Systematically download and store Site content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather Site content, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site, without Company’s express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and subject to compliance with any instructions posted in the robots.txt file located in the Site’s root directory, Company grants permission (A) to download an RSS Feed from the Site for the sole purpose of displaying content solely as made available as part of the RSS feed (and not in a manner that is obscene, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable), and (B), to the operators of public search engines, to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of (and solely to the extent necessary for) creating publicly available, searchable indices of such materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Company reserves the right to revoke such permissions either generally or in specific cases, at any time and without notice.
You are responsible for obtaining, maintaining and paying for all hardware and all telecommunications and other services needed to use the Site.
5. Products. The Site may make available listings, descriptions and images of goods or services or related coupons or discounts (collectively, “Products”), as well as references and links to Products. Such Products may be made available by Company or by third parties, and may be made available for any purpose, including general information purposes. Company may enter into arrangements with third parties for which it receives financial consideration for the sale of products or services as well as listings, descriptions or images of Products on the Site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the availability through the Site of any listing, description or image of a Product does not imply our endorsement of such Product or affiliation with the provider of such Product. We make no representations as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability, validity or timeliness of such listings, descriptions or images (including any features, specifications and prices contained therein). Such information and the availability of any Product (including the validity of any coupon or discount) are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures and similar descriptions are approximate and are for convenience only. We make reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of Products, including the applicable colors, however the actual colors you see will depend on your computer system, and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal and foreign laws (including minimum age requirements) regarding the possession, use and sale of any Product.
6. Transactions. We may make available the ability to provide donations, or to purchase or otherwise obtain certain Products through the Site (a “Transaction”). If you wish to make a Transaction, you may be asked to supply certain relevant information, such as your credit card number and its expiration date, your billing address and your shipping information. You represent and warrant that you have the right to use any credit card that you submit in connection with a Transaction. By submitting such information, you grant to us the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating Transactions. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any Transaction. By making a Transaction, you represent that the applicable Products will be used only in a lawful manner. Company reserves the right, including without prior notice, to limit the available quantity of or discontinue making available any Product; to impose conditions on the honoring of any coupon, discount or similar promotion; to bar any user from making any Transaction; and to refuse to provide any user with any Product. Refunds and exchanges will be subject to Company’s applicable refund and exchange policies. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you or on your behalf through the Site, at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred, including all shipping and handling charges. In addition, you are responsible for any taxes applicable to your Transactions. While it is our practice to confirm orders by e-mail, the receipt of an e-mail order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service.Products will be shipped to an address designated by you, if applicable, so long as such address is complete and complies with the shipping restrictions contained on the Site. All Transactions are made pursuant to a shipment contract and, as a result, risk of loss and title for Products pass to you upon delivery of the Products to the carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
7. Story Proceeds and Contributions. Any proceeds received by Company from the commercial sale of Stories (as defined in Section 9 below), after deduction of any costs or expenses incurred by or on behalf of Company, will be used or distributed by Company to support the initiatives of Company or for a charitable purpose of Company’s choosing. When a contribution made through the Site is made by credit card, a third-party payment processor will collect a variable processing fee charged by the credit card being used.
8. Registration; User Names and Passwords. You may need to register to use all or part of the Site. We may reject, or require that you change, any user name, password or other information that you provide to us in registering. Your user name and password are for your personal use only and should be kept confidential; you, and not Company, are responsible for any use or misuse of your user name or password, and you must promptly notify us of any confidentiality breach or unauthorized use of your user name or password, or your Site account.
9. User Content. The Site enables you to share stories, narratives and other content such as profile information, comments, questions (any such materials you submit, post, display, or otherwise make available on the Site "User Content"). We claim no ownership rights over User Content created by you. The User Content you create remains yours; however, by sharing User Content through the Site, you agree to allow others to view, edit, and/or share your User Content in accordance with your settings and this Agreement. Company has the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to remove any User Content that is shared via the Site.
You may have the opportunity to submit User Content to us by including the hashtag #humanrightsinamerica in Tweets and other posts on other social networks. By including the #humanrightsinamerica hashtag in a post, you agree that such post, including the User Content contained therein, will be deemed User Content and treated accordingly. Please do not include the #humanrightsinamerica hashtag on a post that does not comply with all the terms and conditions that are set forth herein with respect to User Content. You agree that all User Content will comply with any submission guidelines or other rules Company establishes that are posted on the Site or that Company otherwise makes available, and further agree not to post User Content that: (i) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal; (ii) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property; (iii) seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; (iv) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort; (v) contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable; (vi) contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party's trade secrets); (vii) contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or (viii) contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current or (ix) violates any school or other applicable policy, including those related to cheating or ethics. You agree that any User Content that you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) or rights of privacy. To the extent that your User Content contains music, you hereby represent that you are the owner of all the copyright rights, including without limitation the performance, mechanical, and sound recordings rights, with respect to each and every musical composition (including lyrics) and sound recording contained in such User Content and have the power to grant the license granted below. Company reserves the right, but is not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that Company believes, in its sole discretion, violates these provisions. You understand that publishing your User Content on the Site is not a substitute for registering it with the U.S. Copyright Office, the Writer's Guild of America, or any other rights organization.
For the purposes of this Agreement, "Intellectual Property Rights" means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
In connection with your User Content, you affirm, represent and warrant the following:
- You have the written consent of each and every identifiable natural person in the User Content to use such person's name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Site and this Agreement, and each such person has released you from any liability that may arise in relation to such use.
- Your User Content and Company's use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement and the Site will not violate any law or infringe any rights of any third party, including but not limited to any Intellectual Property Rights and privacy rights.
- Company may exercise the rights to your User Content granted under this Agreement without liability for payment of any guild fees, residuals, payments, fees, or royalties payable under any collective bargaining agreement or otherwise.
- To the best of your knowledge, all of your User Content and other information that you provide to us is truthful and accurate.
- Company takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third party posts or sends over the Site. You shall be solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that Company shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of User Content.
If you submit a story, narrative or other related content (collectively with all photographs or other materials submitted therewith, the “Story”) using the submission form (“Submission Form”), then in addition to the User Content License (as defined below) and all other terms and conditions of these Terms of Service and the Submission Form, the following terms and conditions in this paragraph shall apply. You may opt out of having Company publish your Story in print publications authorized by Company by contacting Company at email@example.com within 10 calendar days after you first submit your Story, stating that you (include your first and last name) decline the publication of your Story in print. You also agree that Company has no obligation to use the Story you submit, may delete Stories from the Site in its discretion and that no obligations exist or shall exist or shall be deemed to exist except as explicitly set forth herein. You further acknowledge and agree that Company has no obligation to compensate you in any way for your Story, and you have no expectation of receiving any compensation for any User Content you submit. For the avoidance of doubt, User Content includes the Story.
By posting User Content, including but not limited to Stories, on the Site, though, you agree that we may re-post and distribute the content from your posts through social media and other channels, in accordance with these Terms of Service. You acknowledge and agree that third party sites and services may link to, mirror or frame the Story in such a way that it may appear to be published on those sites or services, and Company may not control such activities. In addition, users of the Site may share the Story through social media, e-mail and through other channels online or otherwise, and Company cannot control such further use and distribution of the Story.
10. User Content License Grant. By posting any User Content on the Site, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant, to Company a royalty-free, fully paid up, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, syndicate, perform and display (publicly or otherwise), make derivative works of, excerpt, adapt, and otherwise use User Content, including your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, in any format or media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose (including promotional purposes, such as testimonials) (the “User Content License”). You also hereby grant each user of the Site a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Site, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Site and under this Agreement.
If you choose to make any of your personally identifiable or other information publicly available through the Site, you do so at your own risk.
In addition, if you provide to us any ideas, proposals, suggestions or other materials (“Feedback”), whether related to the Site or otherwise, such Feedback will be deemed User Content, and you hereby acknowledge and agree that such Feedback is not confidential, and that your provision of such Feedback is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction, and does not place Company under any fiduciary or other obligation.You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant the licenses granted in this section, and that your User Content, and your provision thereof through and in connection with the Site, are complete and accurate, and are not fraudulent, tortious or otherwise in violation of any applicable law or any right of any third party. You further irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding User Content that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory.
11. Monitoring. We may (but have no obligation to) monitor, evaluate, alter or remove User Content before or after it appears on the Site, or analyze your access to or use of the Site. We may disclose information regarding your access to and use of the Site, and the circumstances surrounding such access and use, to anyone for any reason or purpose.
12. Your Limited Rights. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and solely for so long as you are permitted by Company to use the Site, you may view any portion of the Site to which we provide you access under this Agreement solely for your personal, non-commercial use.
13. Company’s Proprietary Rights. We own the Site, which is protected by proprietary rights and laws. Our trade names, trademarks and service marks include Lawyers for Good Government, L4GG, LFGG, www.lawyersforgoodgovernment.org, www.humanrightsinamerica.org and any associated logos of the forgoing. All trade names, trademarks, service marks and logos on the Site not owned by us are the property of their respective owners. You may not use our trade names, trademarks, service marks or logos in connection with any product or service that is not ours, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any right to use any trade names, trademarks, service marks or logos without the express prior written consent of the owner.
Third Party Materials; Links. Certain Site functionality may make available access to information, content, advertising, products, services and other materials made available by third parties, including User Content (“Third Party Materials”), or allow for the routing or transmission of such Third Party Materials, including via links. By using such functionality, you are directing us to access, route and transmit to you the applicable Third Party Materials. We neither control nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, any Third Party Materials, including the accuracy, validity, timeliness, completeness, reliability, integrity, quality, legality, usefulness or safety of Third Party Materials, or any intellectual property rights therein. Certain Third Party Materials may, among other things, be inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to be a representation or warranty by Company with respect to any Third Party Materials. We have no obligation to monitor Third Party Materials, and we may block or disable access to any Third Party Materials (in whole or part) through the Site at any time. In addition, the availability of any Third Party Materials through the Site does not imply our endorsement of, or our affiliation with, any provider of such Third Party Materials, nor does such availability create any legal relationship between you and any such provider.Your use of Third Party Materials is at your own risk and is subject to any additional terms, conditions and policies applicable to such Third Party Materials (such as terms of service or privacy policies of the providers of such Third Party Materials).
Disclaimer of Warranties. The Site and any Products and Third Party Materials are made available to you on an “As Is,” “Where Is” and “Where Available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory. Company disclaims all warranties with respect to the Site and any Products and Third Party Materials to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, including the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement and title. All disclaimers of any kind (including in this section and elsewhere in this Agreement) are made on behalf of both Company and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers, members and service providers (collectively, the “Affiliated Entities”), and their respective successors and assigns. While we try to maintain the timeliness, integrity and security of the Site, we do not guarantee that the Site is or will remain updated, complete, correct or secure, or that access to the Site will be uninterrupted. The Site may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that violate or conflict with this Agreement. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Site. If you become aware of any such alteration, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of such alteration and its location on the Site.
Limitation of Liability. Except where prohibited by law, in no event will Company or its Affiliated entities, and their respective successors and assigns, be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, Direct or any other damages of any kind, under any contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or other theory, including damages for loss of profits, use or data, loss of other intangibles, loss of security of User Content (including unauthorized interception by third parties of any User Content), even if advised in advance of the possibility of such damages or losses. Without limiting the foregoing, Company or its Affiliated entities, and their respective successors and assigns, will not be liable for damages or Loss of any kind which arises out of or is in any way connected with your use of or inability to use the Site or any content or from any Products or Third Party Materials that are offered without charge, including from any Virus that may be transmitted in connection therewith. Your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with the Site or any Products or Third Party Materials that are offered without charge is to stop using the Site. The maximum aggregate liability of Company for all damages, losses and causes of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall be the greater of the (A) total amount, if any, paid by you to Company to use the Site or paid over the Site, or (B) ten (10) dollars. All limitations of liability of any kind (including in this section and elsewhere in this Agreement) are made on behalf of both Company and the Affiliated Entities, and their respective successors and assigns.
Applicable law may not allow for limitations on certain implied warranties, or exclusions or limitations of certain damages; solely to the extent that such law applies to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have certain additional rights.
Indemnity. Except to the extent prohibited under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Company and the Affiliated Entities, and their respective successors and assigns, from and against all claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses and fees (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site (including all User Content); and (b) any violation or alleged violation of this Agreement by you.
Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. Company may terminate or suspend your use of the Site at any time and without prior notice, for any or no reason, including if Company believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. Upon any such termination or suspension, your right to use the Site will immediately cease, and Company may, without liability to you or any third party, immediately deactivate or delete your user name, password and account, and all associated materials, without any obligation to provide any further access to such materials. Sections 2–5, 7–11 and 13–26 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver. All claims arising out of or related to this agreement must be brought in the parties’ individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action, collective action, private attorney general action or other representative proceeding. This waiver applies to class arbitration, and, unless the parties agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims. You agree that, by entering into this agreement, you and we are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action, collective action, private attorney general action, or other representative proceeding of any kind. You can opt out of this class action waiver by contacting Lawyers for good government at email@example.com within 30 days after you first accept these Terms of Service, stating that you (include your first and last name) decline this class action waiver.
Governing Law; Arbitration. This Agreement is and shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and regardless of your location. Except for disputes that qualify for small claims court, all disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement or any aspect of the relationship between you and us, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory, will be resolved through final and binding arbitration before a neutral arbitrator instead of in a court by a judge or jury and you agree that we and you are each waiving the right to trial by a jury. You agree that any arbitration under this Agreement will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted and you are agreeing to give up the ability to participate in a class action. The arbitration will be administered by JAMS under its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“Comprehensive Rules”). The Comprehensive Rules are available online at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-comprehensive-arbitration/. Any in-person appearances will be held in Atlanta, Georgia or another location agreed upon by the parties which is reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. The arbitrator’s decision will follow the terms of this Agreement and will be final and binding. The arbitrator will have authority to award temporary, interim or permanent injunctive relief or relief providing for specific performance of this Agreement, but only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the individual claim before the arbitrator. To reduce the time and expense of the arbitration, the arbitrator will not provide a statement of reasons for his or her award unless requested to do so by all parties. The award rendered by the arbitrator may be confirmed and enforced in any court having jurisdiction thereof. An arbitration award and any judgement confirming it applies only to that specific case; it cannot be used in any other case expect to enforce the award itself. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, nothing in this Agreement will preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state or local agencies and, if the law allows, they can seek relief against us for you. You can opt out of this agreement to arbitrate by contacting the Lawyers for Good Government at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days after you first accept these Terms of Service, stating that you (include your first and last name) decline this arbitration agreement.
Filtering. We hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_content-control_software_and_providers. Please note that Company does not endorse any of the products or services listed on such site.Information or Complaints. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Copyright Infringement Claims. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send to Company a written notice by mail, e-mail or fax, requesting that Company remove such material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send to Company a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Notices and counter-notices must be sent in writing to Lawyers for Good Government Inc. Copyright Manager as follows: By mail to Lawyers for Good Government Inc., 10685-B Hazelhurst Drive #19646, Houston, TX 77043 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our DMCA agent’s phone number is: 404-913-5529.We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a DMCA notice or counter-notice.In accordance with the DMCA, Company’s policy is to terminate, in appropriate circumstances, the rights of any subscriber, if any, to the Site who is a repeat infringer. If you believe that, in connection with the Site, a subscriber has engaged in repeated infringement that includes your copyrighted materials, please provide our designated copyright agent with information sufficient to show that the subscriber is a repeat copyright infringer, and that appropriate circumstances exist for us to terminate such subscriber’s rights. Each subscriber agrees that, if he or she is terminated pursuant to this policy, he or she will not attempt to establish a new account with us under any name, real or assumed. Please note that not all services provided by us limit usage to subscribers, and that we are is not able to terminate service usage by users who are not subscribers.
Export Controls. You are responsible for complying with U.S. export controls and for any violation of such controls, including any U.S. embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. You represent, warrant and covenant that you are not (a) located in, or a resident or a national of, any country subject to a U.S. government embargo or other restriction, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country; or (b) on any of the U.S. government lists of restricted end users.
No Professional Advice. If the Site provides professional information (for example, medical, legal, or financial), such information is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. No action should be taken based upon any information contained on the Site. You should seek independent professional advice from a person who is licensed and/or qualified in the applicable area.
Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and Company. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of our rights or obligations under this Agreement without restriction. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns. No waiver by either party of any breach or default under this Agreement will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is for convenience only, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision. All terms defined in the singular shall have the same meanings when used in the plural, where appropriate and unless otherwise specified. Any use of the term “including” or variations thereof in this Agreement shall be construed as if followed by the phrase “without limitation.” This Agreement, including any terms and conditions incorporated herein, is the entire agreement between you and Company relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and Company relating to such subject matter. Notices to you (including notices of changes to this Agreement) may be made via posting to the Site or by e-mail (including in each case via links), or by regular mail. Without limitation, a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Company will not be responsible for any failure to fulfill any obligation due to any cause beyond its control.Site © 2016 Lawyers for Good Government, Inc. unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.